Redeemer University College has again been ranked as one of the top undergraduate universities in Canada in terms of student satisfaction. According to data released in the February 11 Issue of Maclean’s magazine, 97% of Redeemer students were satisfied or highly satisfied with the overall quality of education that they have received. This is the highest ranking in the survey of the 34 Canadian universities that took part in a survey on student satisfaction conducted by the Canadian University Survey Consortium, or CUSC.
Redeemer was ranked first overall in many key areas such as:
· Those who agree or strongly agree that their professors encourage students to participate in class discussions (99%).
· Those who are satisfied with their university's commitment to environmental sustainability (96%).
· Those who feel their professors are reasonably accessible outside of class to help (100%).
Redeemer ranked high in the other categories as well:
· 97% of students agree or strongly agree that their learning experiences have been intellectually stimulating.
· 99% of students are satisfied with the quality of teaching they received.
· 96% of students are satisfied with their decision to attend Redeemer.
· 96% of students feel that their expectations of attending Redeemer have been met or exceeded.
"We have been very intentional about creating a a Christian academic community," says Richard Wikkerink , Registrar and Assistant Vice President of Student Development at Redeemer. "These results confirm that our students find their Redeemer education to be challenging and rewarding. But these results also recognize and validate the commitment that our faculty and staff have made to ensuring that our students remain an integral part of a campus that enriches their lives outside the classroom as well."
The Maclean 's article -- "2010 Student Surveys: Complete Results" -- can be found at http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/; complete data from the CUSC survey can be found at by clicking on the Rankings link (the full CUSC survey tables are only available on-line).
Click here for a table summary of the Macleans story (.pdf).
This is the second time this academic year Redeemer students have ranked the level of satisfaction they have with their university experience. Redeemer also received high marks in the October 2009 Canadian University Report, published by the Globe and Mail; that report can be accessed at http://www.globecampus.ca.