Redeemer University College has again been ranked as one of the top undergraduate universities in Canada in terms of student satisfaction. According to data released in the February 16 issue of Maclean’s magazine, 91% of Redeemer students were satisfied or highly satisfied with the overall quality of education that they have received. This is the highest ranking in the survey of the 31 Canadian universities that took part in a survey on student satisfaction conducted by the Canadian University Survey Consortium, or CUSC.
Redeemer was ranked first overall in many key areas such as:
· Quality of teaching received (96% of students satisfied)
· Class size (99%)
· Accessibility of faculty outside of class (97%)
· How faculty treat students (98%).
Redeemer also ranked high in the other categories as well:
· 96% of students agree or strongly agree that their learning experiences have been intellectually stimulating.
· 97% of students were satisfied with their decision to attend Redeemer.
· 95% of students agree or strongly agree that their professors encourage students to participate in class discussions
· Only 46% of students noted that improvement was needed in the area of teaching excellence; that was the fifth best ranking in the country.
The CUSC results are encouraging since the information comes from the people who really matter – the students. “We are very pleased students continue to be satisfied with the education they are receiving,” says Richard Wikkerink , Registrar and Senior Director of Student Development at Redeemer. “The results are a testament to the work of our students, faculty and staff in creating a Christian academic community.”
The Maclean 's article -- "Students grade their universities" -- can be found at macleans.ca/oncampus; complete data from the CUSC survey can be found at by clicking on the Rankings link (the full CUSC survey tables are only available on-line).
Click here for a summary of all the tables from the Macleans story (.pdf)
This is the second time this academic year Redeemer students have ranked the level of satisfaction they have with their university experience. Redeemer also received high marks in the October 2008 University Report Card, published by the Globe and Mail; that report can be accessed at http://www.globecampus.ca.