The mission of teacher education at Redeemer is to enable students to become faithful, effective, reflective, and professional educators. We encourage students to engage worldview perspectives from an educational, philosophical, spiritual, and psychological lens that impacts the teaching and learning process.
Graduates of our programs will:
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of curriculum for teaching in Ontario schools.
- Understand how to equip students of diverse giftings for learning across a variety of differentiated modes to enable success for all learners.
- Practice the disposition, maturity, and professional skill to be recommended as Ontario Certified Teachers.
- Develop the personal qualities and professional knowledge to serve as teachers and educational leaders in public, Catholic, independent and Christian schools.
- Assist students to develop intellectually, physically and spiritually to compassionately and wisely equip future learners.
Education Department Programs
The four-semester B.Ed. Program at Redeemer is accredited by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT). Students who successfully complete the teacher education program at Redeemer will be recommended to the OCT for certification.
Education Department Faculty
Professor of Education,
Chair of the Department of Education, OCT
Assistant Professor of Education
Associate Professor of Education,
Sessional Lecturer of Education