The French Department at Redeemer University College is committed to Christian scholarship and teaching. This commitment drives us to provide rigorous programs allowing graduates not only to perform exceptionally well in their chosen professions, but to also positively impact the broader world around them—wherever that may be. Through the study of language, literature, and culture, students are supported in their quest to develop both a global vision as well as a deeper understanding of linguistic and cultural identity within the Canadian context. They are prepared and encouraged to interact with their neighbours both near and far in a manner that demonstrates respect and Christian love, as befits followers of Jesus Christ.
Graduates of our program will:
- Express themselves quite clearly in both oral and written French.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the fundamental grammatical structures of French;
- Articulate a reflective and respectful understanding and knowledge of Francophone culture in its diversity.
- Express what it means to approach the study of language, culture, and literature from a Reformed Christian perspective.
- Write a well-researched literary essay which draws on historical, sociocultural or other relevant information or theories.
French Department Programs
French Department Faculty
Assistant Professor of French,
Chair of the French Department