Our mission is to nurture a fuller knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of how we are “fearfully and wonderfully made” (Psalm 139) and how we can bring love and healing to brokenness. Furthermore, we celebrate and respect our responsibilities to care for God’s gift of creation through human movement and exercise science.
Graduates from our programs will:
- Understand how we are all fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139) in God’s image (Genesis 1:27) with mind, body, and spirit in one (1 Thessalonians 5:23), and how a vast array of disciplines (Psychology, Life Science, Sociology, Philosophy, Pure Science) interact to inform human performance, health, and recreation.
- Make specific recommendations to individuals of various populations (seniors, children, chronically ill, athletes) regarding lifestyle choices (activity, diet, stress, sleep, safety etc.) that directly impact health and performance. Understand behaviour modification techniques to assist patients, clients, and athletes with these lifestyle changes.
- Develop qualities, knowledge, and transferable skills necessary to work in the numerous specialties and fields that are open to Kinesiology and Physical Education students.
- Assess, critique, and contribute to a body of evidence-based scientific research in the field of Kinesiology and Sport for the purpose of discovering God’s perfect creation and how best to serve.
- Develop preparedness to serve God and his kingdom in whatever is your chosen calling within Kinesiology.
Kinesiology and Physical Education Department Programs
Opportunity to qualify for Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology’s Certified Exercise Physiologist test (CSEP CEP).
All major programs qualify for College of Kinesiologists of Ontario accreditation (CKO).
Students who take the coaching course will qualify for the level I Coaching Theory from the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP).