Our mission is to deepen your understanding of the Christian faith and life by exploring its Biblical roots, theological framework, missional thrust, ethical calling, historical development, and global context. Courses in the Old and New Testaments, church history, theology, mission, ministry, world religions, and ethics will equip you to defend and live out your faith and lay a solid foundation for further Biblical and theological studies at seminary/graduate school or compliment your calling in a wide variety of areas. Redeemer brings a rich diversity of students from different denominational backgrounds together with professors who have years of hands-on ministry experience to make Redeemer a vibrant place to study the Bible and theology in depth and in light of our current culture.
Graduates of our programs will:
- Analyze how the biblical narrative is the foundation for understanding our culture and our callings as Christians in this world.
- Identify and articulate an understanding of the basic features of Christianity: it’s Scriptures, history and theology.
- Critically appreciate the key concepts, methodologies, theoretical approaches, and assumptions in the theological disciplines of the Christian tradition.
- Demonstrate how biblical studies and theology inform the practices of the church, various form of ministry and mission.
Religion Department Programs
- Religion – Biblical and Theological Studies
- Religion – Urban and Intercultural Ministry
- Religion – Youth Ministry
Religion Department Faculty
Associate Professor of Religion & Theology,
Chair of the Department of Religion and Theology
Assistant Professor of Ministry
Part Time Instructor
Part time instructor