Last updated: August 27, 2020
Good Internet access. Ensure at least one of the following is available when residing off campus:
- DSL: Minimum 6 Mbps down/ 700 kbps up; Recommend at least 25 Mbps down / 10 Mbps up
- Cable: Minimum 5 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up; Recommend at least 30 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up
- Cell/Data: Minimum “H+” (i.e., Lucky, Chatr, Public Mobile’s “3G speed” plans) with adequate data limits; Recommend LTE plan with at least 10 GB monthly limit
Note: These values are the stated maximums provided; you should test your connection through a speed-test app on your phone/tablet (e.g., “Speedtest”), or through a speed-test website like fast.com or speedtest.net.
Laptop or Desktop Computer for actual workplace.
- All secure testing using Respondus LockDown Browser will require a computer running Windows or Mac; Linux and Chromebook are not currently supported.
- A wired connection to your internet is strongly recommended when taking tests using Respondus LockDown Browser at home or in your dormitory
- Webcam: integrated webcam on laptop should be acceptable
- Microphone/Speakers: Minimum: integrated mic/speakers on laptop; Recommend: audio headset or “speakerphone” speaker/mic accessory
- Recommended: External monitor. While a laptop’s built-in monitor may suffice, a large monitor (22” or larger, resolution of at least 1080 in the vertical) will improve visibility of live-stream video windows and a second screen may help with workflow and organization in a more virtual environment.
- Required software (note: additional software needs may be communicated later date):
- standard office productivity software
- Web browser
- Software required by instructors for particular courses
Tablets/Smartphones: not required, but may be useful in some in-class settings in certain courses.