Course Name: FRE 331: Intensive Translation
Position Type: Part-time
Open Until: Position filled.
Designed for Anglophone students with a solid foundation in French grammar, this course aims to provide the fundamental methods and mechanisms of formal translation. Through structural exercises and the study of comparative stylistics, students will learn to more accurately translate, from French to English and English to French, authentic texts from a variety of sources (journalistic, literary, government and commercial, publicity, film scripts, etc.).
- All duties associated with teaching this course.
- Scheduled office hours with students.
- Non-classroom time made up of preparation of lectures, student consultation, marking or grading, including grade appeals and cases of academic dishonesty.
Qualifications and Attributes
Strong communication skills in both French and English.
- Experience in the translation field and/or in teaching translation.
- Should possess a relevant Master’s degree or Ph.D. in French or Master’s Degree in French Translation.
- Previous teaching experience at the university-level is preferred.
As a liberal arts and sciences university college rooted in the Reformed tradition of Christianity, we seek candidates who are committed to teaching from this perspective. Interested applicants should possess at least a Master’s degree and should submit a curriculum vitae, two letters of reference, evidence of teaching quality and a short statement on how their own faith commitment fits the mission of Redeemer University College.
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as they come in and positions are open until filled
Direct applications to: Dr. Kyle Spyksma, Acting Vice President, Academic, Redeemer University College
Email applications to: email@example.com
Redeemer University College offers equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants. In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be considered first for this position.