Please consult this list of frequently asked questions. Alternatively, feel free to contact us to assist you with the information you require.

Is Redeemer a recognized charity?

Yes! Our Canada Revenue Agency charitable registration number is: 12331 3660 RR0001

Will I receive a charitable giving receipt for my donation?

Yes! Gifts to Redeemer qualify for a charitable giving receipt. All gifts are acknowledged promptly, and receipts for personal donations are sent in January of the following calendar year. Donations from organizations (businesses and foundations) are receipted immediately, because of varying corporate fiscal-year cycles.

Can I give monthly (quarterly or semi-annually)?

Yes! We can help you set up a convenient, regular payment schedule from your bank account or credit card. Please contact us for more information.

What is Redeemer’s Stewardship Policy?

Redeemer University is an Accredited Member of the Canadian Centre for Christian
(“CCCC”) and abides with the CCCC Standards of Accountability and the CCCC
stewardship policy relating to the control and distribution of charitable contributions:

Spending of funds is confined to approved programs and projects. Should a donor choose to restrict a contribution for use in an approved program or project, Redeemer will honour that restriction with the understanding that, when the need for such a program or project has been met or cannot be completed for any reason as determined during the current fiscal year, the remaining restricted contributions will be used where most needed in the University in the same year or in a future period.

Does Redeemer share or rent out its mailing or donor lists?

No. All donor information is held in the strictest confidence.

I would like to help students with their finances. What’s the best way to do that?

Ultimately, all donations help Redeemer University keep tuition costs as low as possible. However, if you would like to designate your gift toward paying tuition for a specific student, please contact Please note that the Canada Revenue Agency prohibits the issuing of charitable tax receipts for funds directly paying for fees including tuition, residence or other mandatory expenses.

Can I set up a scholarship or bursary in honour or in memory of someone?

Yes! Named awards can be established through an endowment, which is funded in perpetuity, or by funding a scholarship or bursary on an annual basis. In consultation with the Donor Relations department, donors may determine the eligibility and criteria for named awards they are funding. Please contact for more information.

Can I contribute to Redeemer through my will?

Yes! Naming Redeemer in your will is a wonderful way to provide a legacy gift and will assist in reducing tax owing on your estate.

Can I make Redeemer the beneficiary of my life insurance policy?

Yes! By doing so, you will receive a charitable receipt for the cash value of the policy and for the premiums you pay.

Can I contribute stocks or shares to Redeemer?

Yes! Gifts of appreciated securities are an excellent way to make a significant donation without incurring tax on capital gains. Your charitable tax receipt is calculated on the value of the shares when they are transferred to a brokerage account, held in Redeemer’s name. The shares are sold immediately to realize a cash donation to Redeemer.

I have a non-cash gift that I want to give to Redeemer. How do I do this?

Gifts-in-Kind, including artwork, personal effects, or property, may be donated to Redeemer but must be accepted for use in an approved program or for a priority project. Please contact us directly for specific details.

Have a question that was not answered in this list?