Ph.D. Psychology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON.
Dissertation: Problem-Oriented Training Promotes Spontaneous Analogical Transfer
B.Arts & Sci. (Honours), McMaster University
- Introduction to Psychology: Clinical and Developmental Psychology (PSY-122)
- Developmental Psychology: Adolescent (PSY-225)
- The Psychology of Health and Well-Being (PSY-327)
- Principles of Learning and Behaviour Modification (PSY-334)
- Physiological Psychology (PSY-336)
- Forensic Psychology (PSY-338)
- Cognitive psychology (specifically, analogical transfer in problem-solving tasks and incubation effects in problem-solving)
- Developmental psychology (specifically, an investigation of morals and values in adolescents)
- The impact of the experience of stress on compassion
Walters, P., Needham, D. & Williams, B. (2013). Emotional health and wellness. In P. Walters & J. Byl (Eds.), Christian Paths to Health and Wellness: 2nd Edition. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Walters, P., Needham, D. & Williams, B. (2008). Emotional health and wellness. In P. Walters & J. Byl (Eds.), Christian Paths to Health and Wellness. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
Needham, D.R. (2004). Dealing with depression. In J. Byl (Ed.), Caring For God’s Temple.
Both, L., Needham, D.R., & Wood, E. (2004). Examining tasks and contexts that facilitate the experience of incubation while problem- solving. Alberta Journal of Education Research, 50(1), 57-67.
Schludermann, E.H., Schludermann, S.M., Needham, D., & Mulenga, M. (2001). Fear of rejection versus religious commitment as predictors of adjustment among Reformed and Evangelical college students in Canada. Journal of Beliefs and Values, 22(2), 209-224.
Six articles in The Baker Encyclopedia of Psychology (2nd Edition) (1999): Decision Making, Genetic Counseling, Imaginary Friends, Metacognition, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, and Suicide.