Ph.D. (2006), Management & Marketing, Foodservice & Lodging, Iowa State University
Dissertation: “Psychological ownership theory: An application for the restaurant industry.”
M.B.A. (2001), Marketing/Finance, Iowa State University
B.S. (1997), International Economic Relations, Yerevan State Institute of Economics
- Introduction to Marketing (BUS-255)
- Development and Fundraising (BUS-337)
- Brand Management (BUS-352)
- Consumer Behaviour (BUS-357)
- International Business (BUS-363)
- Sales Management (BUS-452)
- Entrepreneurship (BUS-461)
- Introduction to Economics: Micro (ECO-121)
- Introduction to Economics: Macro (ECO-122)
- Consumer behaviour and decision making
- Ethical leadership and virtuous development
- Customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Customer relationship management
- Psychological ownership
- Experiential learning
- Christian perspectives on business and marketing
- Business virtue ethics and training
Honours and Awards
Fellowship, Acton University in Grand Rapids, MI, 2017
Review board member, Journal of Biblical Integration in Business, 2011-present
Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) Grant, 2011, 2013
RUC Internal Research Grants, 2011, 2013
Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE), 2007
Husson University Research Grant, 2006
Recent Selected Publications & Presentations
Asatryan, V. (2015). Ethical marketing. Partners Worldwide Business SEVA Christian Business Conference. January 29. Invited keynote address. Bangalore, India.
Asatryan, V. (2014). Promoting gifts of common grace in marketing. Symposium on Common Grace in Business.Calvin College,Grand Rapids, MI.October 31.
Asatryan, V. (2014). (Ed.). Christian ethics and entrepreneurship. Yerevan, Armenia.
Asatryan, V. S., Slevitch, L. Larzelere, R., Morosan, C. & Kwun, D.J. (2013). Effects of psychological ownership on students’ commitment and satisfaction. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Education, 25(4), 169-179.
Asatryan, V. (2013). Taught or caught? The learning and teaching of virtues for future entrepreneurs. Proceedings of the Kuyers Institute for Christian Teaching and Learning Conference on Virtues, Vices, and Teaching, Grand Rapids, MI. October 3-5.
Asatryan, V. (2013). 360 degree Christian business virtuousness. Armenian Cultural Centre of Bulgaria. May 18. Invited Lecture/Workshop. Sofia, Bulgaria.
Asatryan, V. (2013). Christian business principles: Applications in corrupt environments. American University of Armenia. May 4. Invited Lecture/Workshop. Yerevan, Armenia.
Asatryan, V. (2013). Preaching and pastoral care to promote virtuousness in business and society. Gevorkian Theological Seminary. May 23. Invited Lecture/Workshop. Yerevan, Armenia.