M.B.A. (2011), McMaster University
M.T.S. (McMaster University, 2017)
- Decision Making for Managers (BUS-122)
- Not-for-Profit Management (BUS-330)
- Human Resource Management (BUS-341)
- Marketing Communications (BUS-350)
- Business Ethics (BUS-430)
- Marketing Management (BUS-455)
- Social Enterprise (BUS-462)
- Not-for-Profit Strategy (BUS-466)
- Core Capstone Experience (CTS-410)
Prof. Busuttil’s broad industry experience prepares her to teach several marketing courses, as well as Human Resource Management, Business Ethics, Not-for-Profit Management, and Social Entrepreneurship.
Prof. Busuttil has over 30 years of finance and operations management in the not-for-profit sector and has been a consultant for not-for-profit and food service companies. She also has experience in learning and administrative systems in banking and finance. She is a conference and workshop speaker and a founding director of an international children’s mission. She has travelled to thirteen countries serving on relief and development teams, and has her bag packed in case there is an opportunity to hit the road again. She has seen Canada’s ten provinces, while the three territories are on her “to do” list.
Originally from Northern Ontario, Prof. Busuttil has realized that while you can take the girl out
of the north, you cannot take the north out of the girl! She finds herself decompressing as soon as
she sees rocks, trees, and lakes! Laurie is a daughter (amazing parents live close by), sister (two admired and loved brothers), mother (three awesome adult children), grandmother (seven treasured grandchildren), and friend (more than she can count). She is happiest when sharing a meal with family and friends – or enjoying a good murder mystery (P.D. James is her favourite author) with dark chocolate (sea salt and chili are her favourite combinations).
- Christian perspectives on marketing and human resource management
- The intersection of faith and business.
- “Banff Aspen Lodge: Evolving the Business Strategy”, Case Study and Teaching Note, co-authored with Susan J. Van Weelden. Ivey Publishing, 2018.
- “Case Guide Series: A Guide to the Case Method”, co-authored with Susan J. Van Weelden. Ivey Publishing, 2018.
- “Case Guide Series: A Guide to the Case Method”, co-authored with Susan J. Van Weelden. Harvard Business Publishing, 2018.
- “Imago Dei and Human Resource Management: How our Understanding of the Breath of God’s Spirit shapes the Way We Manage People” in JBIB, Fall 2018.
- “Toward a Practical Theology of Marketing: A Five Ps Approach to the Business of Persuasion” in JBIB 20:2, 12/17.
- “Imago Dei: How Accountants Glorify God” in Christian Business Review, Fall 2019 (in press), co-authored with Susan J. Van Weelden.
- “Banff Aspen Lodge: Staffing for Success”, Case Study and Teaching Note, co-authored with Susan J. Van Weelden. Ivey Publishing, 2019.
- “Imago Dei and Human Resource Management: How Our Understanding of the Breath of God’s Spirit Shapes the Way We Manage People” in The DeVoe Report, Spring/Summer 2019 co-authored with Susan J. Van Weelden.
- “Marketing: Exchanging What Is for What Should Be” in The DeVoe Report, Spring Summer 2018.