A third update from search committee chair Ed Bosveld on the progress of Redeemer's presidential search process
The President Search Committee (PSC) met on June 27, 2017 and staff from JobfitMatters (JFM) joined the meeting by telephone.
- Reviewed a script for a short video which will provide prospective candidates with information about Redeemer and its president search
- Reviewed an opportunity profile, which will provide further detail about Redeemer and the position of president; this was assigned to a subcommittee for revision
- Discussed the role of the PSC Chair, Ed Bosveld, who has accepted a position as Redeemer’s interim Vice President of Administration and Finance. The Board will determine at its July meeting whether Ed should continue to serve on the PSC and whether to appoint someone else as Chair.
JobfitMatters has designed a survey, with input from the PSC, which will seek the views of various people who are part of the Redeemer community.
The PSC also asks that you include the following items in your prayers:
- Give thanks for progress made to date in launching the search, including the creation of the survey, the draft video script and the opportunity profile
- Pray that there will be a high response rate to the survey
- Pray for wisdom and insight for those working to prepare documents and the video
- Pray for the work of JobfitMatters, the PSC, its chair and of the Board as it determines who will lead the Committee
- Pray that the Spirit may work in the hearts of prospective suitable candidates so that they may feel a call to consider this position
Ed Bosveld, Chair
President Search Committee