All new incoming students should plan to move-in to residence on Saturday, September 4, 2021.
Returning students are welcome to move-in as of Tuesday, September 7, 2021. They can pick up their residence key from 12:00PM to 4:00PM on Monday at the security office in the main building. On, Tuesday, September 7, students can pick up their key from Student Life anytime during office hours (8:30AM-4:30PM).
Moving into residence is an exciting experience! Here are some tips to ensure a smooth move-in process for you and your new community.
Before leaving home:
- Connect with your RA, housemates and roommate online to coordinate things to bring for your shared space.
- Review the Residence Life Handbook and be aware of important safety information and residence expectations.
- Get renters insurance to protect your belongings, or ensure you are covered under your family’s plan.
Suggested items to bring with you to residence:
- Alarm clock
- Bedding (standard sheets, blanket or comforter, pillow and pillowcase)
- Camping chair or porch chair
- Clothing for warm and cold weather
- Desk supplies, including a surge protector
- Clothes hangers, laundry basket and detergent
- Room decorations (see the Residence Life Handbook for tips on how to decorate)
- Bath towels and hand towels
Items to leave at home:
- Halogen lamps or five-light floor lamps
- Additional furniture, like couches, chairs or mattresses
- Small appliances, like a toaster oven, deep fryer or sandwich maker
- Pets, with the exception of fish
- Alcohol or alcoholic beverage containers (empty or full, including decorative)
- Air conditioners
- Candles or incense
- Firearms or any kind of weapon, including paintball or air-soft guns