CPA, CMA (1990)
M.B.A. (1988), Accounting, McMaster University
- Introduction to Financial Accounting (BUS-127)
- Organizational Behaviour (BUS-241)
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I (BUS-313)
- Intermediate Financial Accounting II (BUS-317)
- Management Control Systems (BUS-318)
- Leadership Seminar (BUS-340)
- Cost and Managerial Accounting (BUS-414)
- Program Design and Evaluation (BUS-464)
- Strategic Management Seminar (BUS-465)
Prof. Van Weelden has taught at Redeemer for over 30 years, having taught 20 different courses during that time. Her specialty is accounting but she also loves to teach strategy, leadership, and organizational behaviour. Teaching is a second career for her, having worked as a legal secretary
and law clerk for almost eight years while pursuing university studies on a part-time basis. Prof. Van Weelden has co-authored a research study for the Institute of Chartered Accountants, served on the National Marking Team of CMA Canada (Certified Management Accountants) for
15 years, and has authored or edited numerous training and assessment tools for CMA Canada and CMA Ontario. She has co-authored a chapter in a book and several journal articles. Her most recent publications include a series of seven notes, Student Guide to the Case Method, published by
Ivey Publishing and Harvard Business Publishing.
Prof. Van Weelden has also served in a variety of leadership roles at Redeemer. She has been an academic dean for the past six years, and a department chair for 25 years. However, her passion is teaching!
Prof. Van Weelden has 5 siblings, 12 nephews and nieces, and she now has 23 great-nephews and nieces and one great-great-niece! She enjoys “hunting” for bears amid awesome mountain views. Her favourite food is dark chocolate.